Donald Trump Fires Back at Robert De Niro: ‘He’s Not the Brightest Bulb on the Planet’,

11:42 Posted In 0 Comments »

25. Donald Trump

Michael Loccisano/Getty Images

"I like his acting, but in terms of when I watch him doing interviews and various other things, we’re not dealing with Albert Einstein," says the potential presidential candidate.



Donald Trump has fired back at Robert De Niro who slammed the potential presidential candidate for his recent questioning of President Obama’s citizenship.


“I like his acting, but in terms of when I watch him doing interviews and various other things, we’re not dealing with Albert Einstein,” Trump said Monday on Fox & Friends. “He can say what he wants but the fact is that this guy has not revealed his birth certificate, a lot of people agree with me.”


In an interview with NBC’s Brian Williams over the weekend, De Niro said the statements Trump has been making are “crazy ... Go get the facts before you start saying things about people.”


But Trump isn’t backing down on his stance on Obama.


“What I do best is China, jobs, OPEC, all of this, that’s what I do best, that’s going to be my strength …” he told Fox News. “[But] recently I did a Tea Party event and we had a tremendous crowd. They love this issue. There are so many people that really want him to provide his birth certificate. Now you have states going out and saying, ‘In order to run for office, you have to be able to provide a birth certificate.’ There’s a big lot of things going on with respect to the birth certificate.


“Why is he spending millions of dollars to fight this issue, instead of just providing his birth certificate?” Trump added of Obama. “There are so many different elements here and I will say, it’s a very frightening thing for this country.”

0 comments: